Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Sister Webb Week 1

9/16/2015 - Week #1

THE MTC IS SO MUCH FUN!  I love it.  My companion's name is Sister McGarry and she has one of the kindest hearts in the whole world.  The other two sisters I am rooming with are Sister Abbot and Sister Montague, and they got here the same time we did.  And ALL OF US are going to Long Beach.  My district is really cool, honestly, we are the closest district I have ever seen. There are 10 of us and none of the other districts are like us.  We have a Ton of fun together and we do everything together.  We build each other up by talking about religious things, but we laugh and have fun all the time.  

I don't know what to talk about so I'm just going to rant for a while.  The food here is pretty good, I end up eating more salads than I usually would but they have a pretty decent sized gluten free menu so it works well.  I actually like gym time.  It's a stress reliever and most of the day is class and study.  It's nice to have a time to get your energy out.  

We are teaching two investigators now- Brian and Tayla. I love them both a lot.  Tayla is only looking into the church because of her cousin who told her to meet with us, but last time we talked about the Book of Mormon and the spirit was really strong.  I'm interested to see what our next lessons with them will bring.  

Our teachers are Brother Pemberton and Brother VanBloem.  They are both young and recently returned from their missions.  They are super good teachers and I'm pretty sure that I have learned more about our church in the past week than I have ever learned in my entire life. It's incredible how the Lord has already blessed me in the lessons.  For example at my setting apart President Mortensen talked about what the gospel of Jesus Christ is.  When I got to the MTC and I sat down, the very very VERY first thing that the teachers asked was "What is the gospel of Jesus Christ".  The scripture passages that President Mortensen told me about immediately popped into my head and I was able to tell them that the gospel of Jesus Christ was described in 3 Nephi chapter 27.  Everything that I memorized in seminary and church I remember when I need it.  Little scriptures, quotes, examples, things that I didn't know that I even knew.  It's absolutely incredible.  Now I know why it was important for me to go to seminary and other church activities.  

One thing that I have learned since I have been here is that the Lord and his Prophets have a reason for everything.  Even if we don't fully understand what is going on or why we are doing something they know what is going on and they know what they are doing.  I've had to rely on the Lord here in a different way than I have in the past and it has been such a testimony builder to have to ask Him for help when I can't do anything myself.  I love the Lord and I love his gospel.  I wish I could tell you every miracle that has happened since I have been here but my district is about to go to the temple so I have to go.  I love you all and if you are reading this letter, PLEASE send me an email.  I want to hear from you!

Love, Sister Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment