Monday, November 7, 2016

My AMAZING, AMAZING Week!

We received a text today from a member in Huntington Beach.  They told us Jessica is helping to build "The Tabernacle".  We knew exactly what they were talking about because a few months ago on LDS living, my sister sent us this amazing video of a Youth Conference in Huntington Beach and we knew they were bringing this tabernacle to the members in the area.  It's a remarkable endeavor and such a wonderful public relations tool to all those interested in Moses's Tabernacle. Here are some pictures of Jessica helping out, a video link of  the Tabernacle and another video link of what these members did for their youth at their Youth Conference!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mFGsLEpKKk

http://www.ldsliving.com/Life-Sized-Tabernacle-Brings-LDS-Stakes-Interfaith-Communities-Together/s/83368?utm_source=ldsliving&utm_medium=email



Now for her letter:
I don't think I could even begin to adequately describe my week, but I will try!

MONDAY WAS HALLOWEEN!  We got to wear sweats all night because we were inside (for safety), and we organized and trashed lots of stuff.  I actually love organizing stuff... and I know that's weird but it's true!  We had like five trick-or-treaters and that was awesome!  We also got to go to Buba Sweets... they give missionaries free cupcakes and they have one that's GF!

Tuesday I had my first MLC, that means Mission Leadership Council.  I'm not a big fan of numbers and they spent a long time trying to figure our number goals to set for hitting standards of excellence.  I understand their importance in keeping track of the work, but I was grateful when President talked about how we need to make sure people are converted to Christ first. He said that if they are converted to Christ they will be converted to the church. 

Wednesday we had zone meeting and Sister Watson and I had to give a training. Then we had T and her kids BAPTISMAL INTERVIEWS!  It was awesome! 

Thursday was weekly planning and another exchange.  I got to go with Sister Oikle, and she is an amazing missionary. We had a smack down lesson with an investigator, taught an awesome less active member, found a new investigator and just had a GOOD DAY.  We also ate at this place called Lee's and it was super good, and cheap (love cheap).  

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY was the best baptism in the whole world. (and Sister King made gluten free ravioli, it was so good...) T and her kids were baptized, and it was the most spiritual experience I have had in a long time. The ward was fantastic at helping with everything!  The room was full and there was active participation from the ward.  Everyone has scooped up our investigators and loved them without us falling on our knees and having to beg them.  The Spirit was almost tangible, and everyone was in tears to see this family brought together.  I love this gospel.  


I know it's hard to express feelings over email but this week I have an overwhelming testimony of this work!  I KNOW that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Days Saints is the kingdom of God and it does have every saving ordinance and doctrine of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  This is the only way to be eternally happy, this is the only way to return back to live with Heavenly Father, and this is the peace the world needs.  I've thought about how as the world gets more and more wicked, we need more converted disciples of Christ to love and serve and be examples of hope and righteousness. I am touched that this week, FOUR PEOPLE THAT I LOVE decided to join the disciples of Christ!  I am so grateful that God has asked me to be a part of His mighty work and wondrous glory.  I will never stop being a missionary!!

Love you all,

Jes



No comments:

Post a Comment