Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Talking Is My Struggle

This week was better than the last!  It gets easier and easier every day, but that doesn't mean it's easy.

So as it turns out, it's important to talk to everyone. I've learned that the Lord will purposefully put people in your path that you need to run in to, but if you don't get out of your bubble and say, "Hey, we're the missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints", then you pretty much just missed that chance to teach and invite.  I have also learned that most people don't really care about the missionaries.  So after you introduce yourself and what you are doing, and before you close the door, you have to slip in something about them.  You have to say, "Wow, you really pull off a pixie haircut!" or "Do you have a son, are these his shoes?" or "How many dogs do you have".  If you can strike up a conversation, then you make a new friend.  People see that you're not crazy . . .you may even seem normal.  Plus you can get referrals, and sometimes teach them a lesson if they aren't busy.  

This week we were out knocking and there was a couple on the street.  I didn't want to talk to them because it was hot, it was almost dinner, and nobody was opening their door for us.  I didn't think they would be any different.  But we went up and talked to her anyway.  She works for the FBI and is less active.  Her husband didn't care for us much, but the Bishop had a field day when he found out that we were going to go back and see her later.  

Anyway, I love getting letters and I love hearing from everyone.  I hope everyone has a really good week and I miss you all.  If anyone know's if Rachel Webb is still alive, and if anyone is planning to talk to her within the next week, tell her that it is either death or an email by next Monday.  

Love, Jess
My AWESOME district at the MTC


A beautiful sunset on our street


My and my companion that I love!

No comments:

Post a Comment