Tuesday, May 17, 2016

A Week of Miracles

I don't even know where to begin with the miracles this week- so I think I'll just start listing them:

Monday: Sister Watson and I struggled with finding new people to teach last week, and on Monday we were both a little dead.  I was pretty homesick (Mothers Day Skype did not help with that:).   So we had planned to stop by one of our favorite less active members and she really opened up to us about some of her struggles in the ward.  We talked and she told us we were good missionaries, so we came away feeling better!
-Tuesday: was HARD. We walked a bunch and tried to teach but it was just one of those long tedious days.  We were both stagnating in faith. 
-Wednesday: we had DISTRICT MEETING (yay!!!) and we also had EXCHANGES! Exchanges are not always my favorite but we needed them this time around. Sister Jones was my companion for the day and she started by saying that we should pray for something specific, SO we prayed that we would find a new investigator who was a lady in her 40's and had 2 kids.  We started walking after we got HARD CORE dropped by a once stellar investigator.  A little while later though, we ended up finding a new investigator who was working in the yard with her two daughters and was 47! It was such a miracle!  I have never ever ever done anything like that- but I have started praying more specifically and we have been able to see so many good things.
-Thursday: we woke up and I was praying that I would be able to run with Sister Jones.  Here's the thing . . . I didn't know I was a good runner until I got on a mission.  I have been able to out-run all my companions and all the STL's I have gone on exchanges with... but Sister Jones is like an insane jungle cat who runs like it's life or death.  She like SPRINTS everywhere.  Anyway, I kept up for longer than I expected myself to!  Then she started running back and forth around me (how embarrassing). Here is a cool story though- have you ever seen, I-CARLY? Well you know the blond girl on it named Sam?? She happens to be Mormon, and so are her parents, and grandparents... well we taught her Grandpa! He is less-active in Sister Jones' ward (but they had never met him before). He was telling us how wonderful she is to him.  She is in all the family pictures and it was really fun.  Turns out celebrities are pretty normal.  Then at dinner, the member made GLUTEN FREE ALFREDO!  I haven't had Alfredo since I came on a mission and it. was. so. good.  I don't think I have had pasta in months, so it was amazing. Then Sister Watson and I got back together and had a night full of teaching and finding new people.
p
Friday:  we got to do IFC and that was pretty fun, then we taught and taught and taught all night (another miracle).
-Saturday morning we were both pretty pumped. We jumped up, got ready, studied, and went to work... But we had a brutal morning and early afternoon. We had like NO success and all rejection. It was so hard haha- but God does provide.  We got to see some investigators, have dinner with a bunch of members at a Cinco de Mayo party, find new people, and see the M family that we love.
-Sunday was church and A CAME!   She is a 14 year-old investigator we are teaching.  She came with a member so that was great - but she thought church was boring (MAYDAY MAYDAY!). Then we worked, had dinner with the Ingrams (love them) and we got to teach a really amazing Samoan family. 
Monday was a crazy miracle filled day. We saw extreme progression in two of our investigators (hopefully they will be baptized soon), and we also had a member go with us to a lesson!
-TUESDAY (today) WE GOT TO GO TO THE L.A. TEMPLE!  I love love love the temple.  And to make it even better, I got ride there, attend the session, ride back and have breakfast with GRANDMA & GRANDPA!  I'm going to miss them so much when they head home in July:(
There's my week!  Hope you are all doing well!  I love you all so much!
Love, Jess



I received this picture from Dad at 4:45am California time!  These missionaries like to catch the 5am session so they can get the rest of the things done they need to on P-Day!  Jessica told me she woke up at 2:30am to drive to Mom & Dad's . . . 

Two of Jessica's companions




Sister Lambson


Cutest senior missionary couple EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment