Wednesday, May 4, 2016

God Loves Us In a Very Personal Way!

God tends to help me more than I know.  I asked Him to help me feel joy this week.  Your prayers and  His grace have worked miracles in my life these past few days. They may seem like small miracles, but to me they are huge!  I know He hears and answers our prayers!  Sometimes He even grants our selfish desires.  Like for example- Saturday we woke up to the alarm and for some reason I didn't want to run- I have NEVER prayed in the 8 months I've been out that God would make it possible for me to not have to run.  Usually I suck it up and we go run. But I selfishly said a simple prayer and stood up to see Sister Watson standing at the clock saying, "What? It's 7:00? Did we sleep in? Why didn't the alarm go off?" Then she said, "Well maybe we can just go on a quick run..."   We looked outside and it had rained all night and was still raining . . . so no run:)  Another experience that reminded me how much God cares was on Thursday- I was thinking that I really wanted a brownie with ice cream- and the next day at dinner guess what the members had bought for dessert . . . GF brownies and ice cream!  This is SO RARE for me!  I know God is aware of me and loves me!

We taught SO MANY of our investigators this week.  We have quite the teaching pool suddenly and we do our best to teach all of them- but the majority of the lessons fall through and we continue to contact people quite often. I'll highlight a few things this week for you...

1) We saw JW.  He is technically YSA, but he was married, got divorced, and his wife has a restraining order on him so he can't go to the YSA ward because that's where she goes. He asked us to start teaching him every week and we decided to do ARP (addiction recovery program) with him.  I have a few bad habits that I really need to get rid of so I started doing ARP with those in mind.  HOLY COW!  If you have a bad habit and you want to feel the Spirit and get rid of it, or if you don't like something about yourself and you want to change it, DO ARP!  Anyway, he came to church on Sunday and is doing incredible. 

2) We got to help Sister B move.. Y.U.C.K.  I have never EVER seen so much nasty junk and dead spiders ever in my life.  But I cleaned with a smile and packed every little thing because I love her and she needed our help. 

3) We got to go to IFC twice this week!  

4) We were contacting and I had the impression to run to this house a little ways ahead of us . . . and guess what . . .  there was someone outside bringing a car seat into the house.  I stopped him, he grabbed his wife and kids, we taught them the restoration on the doorstep and told them they could be sealed in the temple for eternity.  I was really bold, and just said it like it is.  The gospel has been restored, we have all the truth, and you need to come to the fold of God to be with your family for forever!  It was a neat experience and I had to muster all the courage I had!

5) I contacted someone by asking them to be baptized this week hahahaha (that was a goal of mine).

Anyway- I love you all and I hope you have a good week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment