Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Keep Swimming!

Transfers were this week.  I will be staying with Sister Watson in La Mirada and I'm ok with all of that!

So I realized I have never talked about IFC before. IFC stands for Inter-Faith Food Center.  Here we are able to do all kinds of service as missionaries.  We get to feed the homeless and low income families.  So this week we bagged BOXES and BOXES of moldy green beans.  It was super disgusting.  I love it when we get to work the homeless counter though. Homeless people here are really nice. I've actually had an investigator who is homeless and wanted to be baptized... but he couldn't because he doesn't have an address. 

We had zone service activity on Saturday to help the IFC.  We don't usually do service on Saturdays- we aren't allowed unless it's a zone or mission activity.  We collected food donations.  It was actually pretty fun. We were with some other sisters and I LOVE them so much.


The weather has been beautiful this week! I took a ton of pictures and then I forgot my camera... so you will get them next week.

This week was difficult for me for many reasons.  We worked so hard and diligently with little success.  Many people were rude to us or ignored us completely.  Many of our appointments fell through.  I had to come back to what I've learned before . . . we must KEEP SWIMMING!  Even when things seem extra hard and discouraging! When you get down you should probably plaster some version of a smile on your face, and put one fin in front of the other till the water is propelling you and the smile is real :)  

Please include our mission in your prayers and pray for God to soften hearts here in La Mirada so people will let us share the beautiful message of the gospel!

Love you all- Jess
Mom & Dad unexpectedly bumping into Jes on Tuesday as they welcomed new missionaries to the Long Beach Mission


My parents have taught 22 lessons to this sweet lady.  She was baptized on Sunday and Jessica was able to attend since they are in the same zone.  It was a wonderful evening for them!


No comments:

Post a Comment