Monday, April 4, 2016

Christ-like Love

This week I am really am trying to love everyone and the Lord more than myself. I want to care so much about them that I don't think about myself much. I think that if I can accomplish true Christ-like love, then many of the other Christ-like attributes I have been trying to develop will be easier to obtain (if not already obtained). I had an interesting experience yesterday while working on this. We were coming home from the last session of conference.  I was really thinking about love (as I have been doing lately) and I had the impression to look to the right. There was a man rubbing his eyes and he looked really tired and sad. I don't know what happened but I felt more love for him than I have ever felt for a stranger. I wanted to get out of the car and give him a hug and tell him that God is real and can help him. I have never felt that way before. I literally started crying in the car for a man that I don't even know the name of. I promise I'm not even PMSing right now :) I've been praying for this spiritual gift and I feel like for a second there, I had it. It's the first step!

We visited with so many people this week. We are still finding new investigators. I wish more of them were the kind that we can keep, but sadly most of them drop us.  However, there is a couple that we got to teach yesterday.  The boyfriend is less active and the girlfriend is not a member. We talked about the plan of salvation and about how they can be together for eternity. I am really excited to continue teaching them. 

The neatest experience this week happened  on a slow day when things didn't seem to be going according to plan. All of our appointments fell through and we were walking around trying to find people to talk to and help.  The Sister Missionaries before us found a mother and a daughter in our area and we had stopped by a few times to teach them but they were usually gone.  We were walking near their house, not planning to stop and see them, when the phone rang.  I answered and it was Taylor- she is the nine year old daughter.  She told me that her mother- the lady we were teaching- had just been killed in a motorcycle accident. We were legitimately standing directly in front of their house. I asked her if we could share a message and give her a hug.  She came through the gate and I just embraced this darling 9 year-old girl and cried for her. Her grandmother- now her caretaker- has been very anti-Mormon, but she told us we could come back and teach her granddaughter.  What a miracle!  I'm so grateful that God trusts me enough to put me in these devastating but humbling places.

Everything is going well! We are still working hard and we are learning more and more every day.
I love you all!
 Love, Sister Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment