Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter and Knowledge

Well let's talk about Easter first.  We woke up,opened packages (thank you mom) and then we made french toast.  We went to church and HEATHER showed up with her husband and baby girl.  She is the one who wants to be baptized.  We asked her what the hold up is and she doesn't feel like she fits the bill.  She doesn't feel like she fits in with the Mormon crowd. I don't know if you guys have any suggestions on how to help but I'm all ears. Then we contacted for a while... people don't like it when missionaries contact on holidays here.  They are usually rude.  But there was a crazy guy on the corner that was holding a giant wooden cross and yelling religious things through a megaphone and we got to talk to him for awhile!  He was really nice even though he smelled like B.O. really bad.  Then we went to dinner and we scheduled three member families to go have fun with so we wouldn't get yelled at anymore.  One of them was less active, and the other had non-members there so we felt we were still partially doing the work:)  


We went to the M's and they are like our Mom and Dad in this area.  They are ward missionaries and they come to a bunch of lessons with us.  She gave us chocolate yesterday and we got to visit with them for a little while.  I really love them.  He works at Disneyland and she is just the sweetest lady ever.

We did quite a bit of contacting this week and we met a few really cool people. We still see miracles every single day. People in California either love or hate missionaries.  So far on my mission I think I've encountered EVERY anti-Mormon thing there is and I've been called some really negative and mean things. But it's interesting because those things don't really bog  me down.  They kind of lift me up.  I know what I know. I know there is a God, I know He loves me, I know this is His church.  I have my ups and downs but people can't pull down something you know.

I hope you all have a good week.

Love, Sister Webb

Me and Sister Watson at Grandma and Grandpa's apartment for lunch


Grandma made a yummy lunch for the some of the Sister Missionaries!  She's the BEST!!


No comments:

Post a Comment