Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Change . . .

Well, Jessica was transferred out of Cypress today to WHITTIER!!  YES!  That's where my parents are serving!  She is not assigned to their ward, but she is in their zone and can go to their place for meals and see them much more than she has!  My parents head back to Utah on July 5th, so hopefully these last 4 months they can serve with Jessica and have common friends and those they love to talk about for years to come!

Jessica & her companion sang in a musical fireside that the missionaries put on.  Mom and Dad were able to go and listen to her


Instead of a letter this week, Jessica sent pictures recapping her last 6 months in Cypress.  I woke up from a nap on Sunday afternoon to a myriad of messages from the people in her ward who love her and have taken her in like family.  It took me several hours to compose myself after reading the emails and texts, but I felt SO MUCH Gratitude for these amazing members!

The first text came from M & L who were recently baptized and who our family spent time with over Christmas break.  She wrote:

"Well, Jessica is being transferred.  I've been crying my heart out all morning, even in Sacrament meeting.  I assured her that I am here for her no matter what and if she needs anything to let me know.  I love your daughter.  Thank you for sharing her with me.  She went with me to pray at my daughter's place of rest.  That meant the world to me that someone cares that much.  She is special."


Then this email from a lady in Jessica's ward who has taken extra care to make sure Jessica has GF food to eat:

Dear Julie,
My name is E . . .  and I have enjoyed the wonderful experience of getting to know your sweet missionary daughter in our Cypress 2nd and then La Palma ward here in Southern California.  When I found out she was getting transferred, I knew I had to write to you and tell you how much we have come to love her!! She has brought such a grace and beauty and sincerity to her service.  I can’t tell you how many times her angelic singing has brought me to tears and her testimony has touched my heart so much.  As I watched her work with M & L  , a couple who recently got baptized, I knew she was sent here for a reason. They and everyone else just love her so much.  She really is an angel. You should be so very proud of her.   When she told our ward she was leaving during her testimony, you could hear the audible sad sigh in the congregation.  We don’t want her to go!! But we know she will continue to bless lives wherever the Lord sends her.
Thank you for raising such a special child.  And thank you for sharing her with us who are so blessed to have had the chance to know her.

Then this angel lady in the ward who has sent me random pictures of Jessica since she arrived:

"I've been where you are.  My daughter came home from her mission a year ago.  I know how special it is to see pictures and to know people there are watching over them!  I'm glad we could all be here to help her transition into her mission!  I know this move will be good for her, but it will be hard not seeing her beautiful smile each week!"


Here are Jessica's pictures with her "captions" under them

The home I've come to love!  This is where we study every morning


Our shared kitchen


The grand piano that I will miss!


Our "mission mom" who always made sure we had food to eat.  Sister P.


This cute girl reminds me of my sister Sarah in Cali Form!


I love this member family!  They remind me of Jim and Rachel!


This member lady is paralyzed.  We get to go over and clean her home, fix her lunch, and help her with anything else she needs.  We Love Her!



This is the member that took us in over Christmas.  She is of Finnish decent and we had a wonderful Christmas in her home!


Another pic of our home


My bed is the bottom bunk


Me and the referral that didn't answer the door


We found a hammock and REAL grass!  We had to take a pic and . . 
.

Lay down on the grass!



Me and my comp at the end of a LONG day!  We look and feel tired:

I LOVE these Pink Fluffy trees!  They are legitimately like that.  Crazy Pink Fluff all over the WHOLE TREE!  It. Was. Amazing!



No comments:

Post a Comment