Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Pancakes, Chili & Pie

I have 10 minutes to write a big email of this week so lets start at the top. 

Wednesday was Sister Jones's birthday so we took her over pancakes with a candle.  She goes home in a transfer and a half which is SO WEIRD!  She came out three transfers before me.  Which means at the end of this transfer I only have four left!  That's nuts.  

We are teaching a 15 year old boy who is a friend of a member of our ward. His dad had cancer and passed away this week. He is the sweetest kid and this gospel will really help him and his mother so please pray for us that we can be good teachers and invite the spirit.

We also showed Judy the baptismal font this week and we had her try on some of the baptismal suits. She is really excited. On Sunday she went to her friend's congregation for church and watched the primary program. She said she loved it. She is so excited to join the church (and we are so excited too). 

We also were walking out of the church and the mother of two of our investigators was in the hallway. We have wanted these two foster kids to be baptized for quite a few months but we have been meeting resistance from the foster parents, which is understandable because they see a different side of them at home than we do.  Anyway they had a baptismal date for the 8th of October also, but we didn't think it would hold.... BUT we were walking out of the church and she said to us "So the baptism on the 8th of October will be okay but it has to be after 4:00..." WE COULDN'T KEEP IT TOGETHER- we ran outside and started screaming!  We are so excited.  I really pray it will actually pan out this time. 

We got to go to the temple this morning and I actually remembered all the words in the ceremony!  I was pretty proud of myself. I absolutely love the temple!

We also had a ward party!  It was a chili cook off and OH MY HECK- I've never seen so much chili and pie in my life.  This ward really knows how to throw a party.  I honestly have never seen any ward parties like the ones in this ward.  They are a huge hit AND we had investigators and less actives there. 

Brother S (our ward mission leader) was released this Sunday and I was pretty sad about that, but they called a new guy named Brother G.  My companion played the violin in church this week and did SO WELL. 

We saw many other miracles this week and we also did quite a bit of walking and knocking. Thanks for your prayers.  I felt them this week!

Love you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment