Monday, October 3, 2016

Hong Kong and General Conference

FIRST OF ALL . . . AMANDA IS GOING TO BE A MISSIONARY IN HONG KONG CHINA!  I still can't believe it!  I cried when I heard the news.  She will be amazing and I'm going to miss her so much!  My 18 month mark is March 9th, but because of transfers, I won't be coming home until the end of March.  I thought about trying to push getting home a few weeks early so I could see her before she leaves for China on March 8th, but it didn't feel right, so I'll just have to write her and pray for her!  

SECOND . . . I LOVE GENERAL CONFERENCE! 

So if you wouldn't mind, send me your favorite quote, line, paragraph, talk- whatever!  I just loved the whole darn thing!  

So here are some fun things that happened this week-

1) On Saturday night we decided to go to Brother Moriel's house (we never go on Saturday night- he is always working). We caught him outside and invited him to come to conference with us at the stake center the next morning. It was so wonderful! It felt like the entire session of conference was built for him. We all came away uplifted, and he was so happy he got to come!

2)  Sunday we went to a less active/ investigator's house (President changed the rules and asked us to try and watch some of the sessions with people we are teaching). Anyway- the Spirit was so strong. There were several talks that we felt applied directly to this family. 

3) Sister Gil made. the. best. Mexican. food. in. the. whole. world.  She really is the best cook ever and I honestly think I get better Mexican food from her than the missionaries in Mexico.  She made red, green, and mole enchiladas and they were SO GOOD!!!

4) I shut myself in the trunk to see if I could get out... I CAN!

5) We had a neat experience with a less active lady.  I have been knocking on her door for literally 7 months, and she has never been home. BUT this week she invited us in!  We got to share the restoration with her and she cried several times. She really wants to come back to church so we are going to try and help get her there.

6)  We were going to see a less active member and we were contacting people on the way. A lady was outside, so we started talking to her, and she said, "I can't BELIEVE you are talking to me!!"... We were both thinking "Oh no, here we go again- she's going to yell at us for talking to her"... Then she started telling us about how she had wanted to join our church at one point in her life and how her best friend was Mormon. She was excited for our message and asked us to come back. We areso excited. 

So many people this week came up to us and told us that they had "noticed something different" in our religion and that they had "always liked our religion".  They know that we are DIFFERENT.  So keep being different because they are finally seeing something! 

Love, Jessica



We think it's guava?  We ate it anyway

Post Daily Planning . . . 

Right after prayer

Flu Shots! OUCH

General Conference Weekend!



Mustache's!

A beautiful early morning at the LA Temple!  I really love the temple!

Sunrise over the LA Skyline


Still smiling after a long missionary day:)

No comments:

Post a Comment