Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Life is good, God is good . . .

This was a crazy week!  I had my first two exchanges this week and I felt the Spirit so strong.  I know Heavenly Father needs me to be an example to these sisters.  It was hard at times, but we saw so many miracles.  Heavenly Father wants His missionaries to succeed and be happy!

We had a family home evening at the stake president's house with T and her kids. The spirit was so strong. It's amazing what members can do to invite the Spirit! 

On Tuesday morning we went to a less active's house and she was outside.  She said that she wanted to come back to church so we get to meet with her again this week and help her come back. We also found a new investigator in the last five minutes of the evening that day.  It was so neat!  (The part I wasn't going to tell you was that he was really good looking and I was so proud of myself for being able  to talk to him without blushing or stuttering or anything! I acted totally normal!  It was fantastic.:)

We met with another less active family.  He is a surfer and loves the beach and she is a sweet mother. They have met with many missionaries in the past and they tell all the missionaries they want to come to church again.  They just have a hard time getting there.  We are going to love them and keep encouraging them to come!.

We had a stellar lesson with S and C. They are investigators who want to obey God and His will for them.  They have some strong opinions, but they are devout Christians.  They listened to us, and they think our religion is interesting. So we get to keep teaching them! 

I love my companion so much!  It's amazing for us to be back together!  We get along so well and we laugh all the time.  She feels like a sister, and I'm not even kidding.  I could do or say anything with her.  I love her SO MUCH! 

We also had a training from President on how to work with members.   He had some really good ideas but I still am not totally sure how to do it.  SO I decided to ask you all back home, what can a missionary do to help members do missionary work?  

Have a great week!
Love, Jes

No comments:

Post a Comment