Monday, October 10, 2016

Leaving La Mirada with only 24 WEEKS LEFT!

Jessica has been called as a Sister Training Leader (STL) and will be serving in the Huntington Beach North Zone with her previous companion, Sister Watson!  As I asked what STL's do she told me that they only have 2 STL companionships in their mission.  These sisters watch over about 20 sister missionaries (there are about 40 sister missionaries in her mission).  They conduct exchanges, help teach and train, go to leadership meetings,and work with closely with sisters that are struggling.  This will be a new adventure for her and she is excited for the challenge.  She sent some wonderful pictures of a baptism of a sister named Judy who she loves this weekend.   Judy texted me on Saturday and Sunday with pictures.  Her excitement to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints was overwhelming.  Here is what she texted me:  "I feel fantastic!  Your daughter is the sweetest, most sincere person I have ever met.  I'm sad she is being reassigned and leaving La Mirada.  I am going to try and meet her for lunch in Huntington Beach.  Thank you for raising a delightful, sweet, darling daughter."

Jessica also sent pictures of members who have become like family to her in the La Mirada Ward.  Here is her letter:

SO this week was a little crazy.  I'll highlight a few things 

1) We had Elder Aldern of the Seventy come visit our mission this week. He is the nicest guy. He said a ton of things we need to work on and do.  I have a list the size of a small planet with things to work on. I was really upset though because I was thinking about how I'm never going to get there, and how it was going to be way to hard.  Then I felt this overwhelming sense of love and peace. God told me how proud He was of me and how much He loved me.  He told me He knew I was going to work on them anyway but He wanted me to know he was proud of where I was. 

2) We had dinner with M&L at In-n-Out.  This is the wonderful couple that joined the church while I was serving in Cypress.  Judy almost came too, but she couldn't make it.  It was so fun to see them and talk about the church.  Mike has one of the strongest testimonies I have ever seen.  

3) Judy was baptized!  The baptism was crazy- we had to do all the set up and take down.  Judy was so excited and the Relief Society had so many treats.  I was asked to give a talk and so I talked about the Holy Ghost.  It was fun! 

4) I'm getting transferred to Huntington Beach and I would write more but I have to go!

Love You All!

Sister Webb
This is Sister Watson and I with Judy.  We will be a companionship again in Huntington Beach!

Judy's dear friend introduced her to the church and this is her friend's son who is a return missionary from Alabama.  He was able to baptize her and it was awesome!

This is Judy and her husband

Brignoni's - a wonderful family from our ward

The wonderful Bishop and Bro. Degner

Wonderful Bro. Oto came out every week with us on splits.  Such a faithful and devoted member!

These are my girls!  The Young Women of our ward!

Another wonderful ward member

Our amazing ward mission leader

The Smith family who made THE BEST GF food for me!

The Price Family

My friend, Katie

Fellowshipping more ward members

A great family in our ward

A family that was reactivated while I was serving here

The Aiono's from Tonga

The Power family - The dad can read minds . . . I'm not kidding!


Such a great baptism!


We found HONEY STICKS last P-Day!  I love these!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so blessed to have met this wonderful missionary. She has helped me, more than anyone in the world, to get a handle on my addiction to drugs. I'm so sad that she is no longer in my ward, but I'm so happy that she is with her previous companion sister Watson. They were companions when I first met with Sister Webb. Sister Webb is the absolute greatest missionary. She has definitely saved my life, just just by meeting with me on a weekly basis and helping me implement a plan to eliminate drugs from my life. I'm going to miss you more than you will ever know Sister Webb. I love you. Sincerely -J.

    ReplyDelete