Monday, July 18, 2016

Strength from God

So this week... man... I don't even know where to begin. 

This week we picked up an awesome new investigator. She married a man who is LDS and she is Filipino.  They didn't really talk about church much at the beginning of their relationship, but now they talk more. She is interested in learning the gospel and she said she wants to join the church when she believes it is true. She is so sweet, and so is her husband. He is a return missionary that came home 10 years ago.  We had a powerful lesson with her. 

We also had brother Moriel at church and WOW WOW WOW . . . he's the BOMB.COM. He is the nicest guy in the whole world.  If I could give him a hug I totally would.  He is one of my favorite people I have ever met in my mission. He is so sincere and he really wants to change for the Lord. He has such a strong testimony. We also had a powerful lesson with Jake, but he wasn't at church this week. 

I ended up working with members quite a bit this week. We would go on splits and I have a few splits tonight. Until tomorrow morning, I am the only missionary in the La Mirada ward. My companion had to go home because of health problems.  I feel bad for her- I wish I could have helped her more. Since then my companions have been Sister Jones and Sister Glenn. THEY ARE THE BEST MISSIONARIES IN THE WORLD!  They have taught me so much and I really want to be like them someday. I will be getting a Greenie tomorrow to train and I'm so excited for that!  

I have been trying to think of what I want to talk about today, but I don't really know what to say except I want to express my gratitude to my Heavenly Father. I don't think I have ever typed out a testimony like this though, so bear with me. 

In short, this week has been hard, but God is so good. There have been times where I have felt weak and not in control of anything.  But He helps me feel okay. It's almost like He's right next to me.  Like I can feel His arm around me and He's telling me to keep going and that He loves me. He fills every single hole when I ask Him to.  Even when everything around me s uncontrolled and obscure, he gives me the ability to stand in the very center with a brilliant kind of courage and strength.  It's the kind of strength that is definitely not my own. I love him so much. I can't even start to express how grateful I am. 

THIS WEEK I WANT YOU TO SEND ME YOUR FAVORITE CONFERENCE TALK!  I'm craving conference talks. I love you all so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment