Monday, December 12, 2016

Goodbye Sister Watson:(

Well... one of my FAVORITE COMPANIONS (Sister Watson) IS LEAVING ME THIS WEEK (traitor).  We are taking her to the airport this weekend and then she's gone!

Two of our investigators moved this week.  This is the family that made me the wonderful creme brulee!  We spent a few hours this week helping them get packed up and ready to leave. Then the elders quorum came and helped moved the heavy things on Saturday morning. It was really good for them.  They basically believe everything, we are just waiting for the day they want to be baptized.  I think they were impressed with the member's genuine care, help &  fellowshipping! 

We had two exchanges this weekend.  My first was in Seapoint with Sister McGarry.   She is my MTC companion. We had a ton of fun.  Her ward is the hardest ward in the entire mission.  They get so much rejection everyday.  We had people screaming at us, yelling at us as we were walking away that we were a cult, telling us that "john-jacob-jingleheimer-smith" (AKA Joseph Smith) was not a prophet, and we had plenty of doors rudely slammed in our face.  It was one heck of an experience. But WE STILL HAD FUN, and WE WERE STILL HAPPY! I'm struck with how differently those with affluence in this area reject the missionaries in such harsh and offensive ways.  There really is truth to the humble people of the earth receiving the gospel.  We needed a good lunch to ease our beaten up efforts, so we went to this Thai place called Lemon Thai, and it. was. so. good.  

Then we went on exchanges again the next day.  We had a cool experience.  I was with Sister Equihua and Sister Chapman, and I wanted to teach them that they can do anything with God's help.  So we specifically prayed for a new investigator who wanted to hear our message, wanted us to come back, and was excited to hear the gospel.  Then we prayed to know where to go.  We felt impressed where to go and we drove there, got out of the car, and NO ONE was there.  But there was someone in a car in their driveway.  I decided to  knock on the car window.  God said to talk to everyone right? Even if they are in their car?  That was something my first STL taught me.  Anyway, turns out she was interested in hearing our message!  It was a neat experience and I felt a lot of gratitude.  Then after that WE GOT STREET CORN from the street corn guy.  It's called elote, and it's awesome. 

We set a baptismal date with Miley and I think we will set another this week with Jenny.  They are both ready to be baptized, we are just waiting on them... But they have really been progressing lately so maybe they will be baptized soon!


I love you all and I hope you have a good week. 


It finally cold enough for Hot Chocolate!

Visiting a Buddhist Temple

Here's our threesome!  We all love getting frozen yogurt!

We've only gotten to the beach a few times.  It's really pretty!

Yes, it is Christmas at our apartment . . . a humble one!

Sure love these two comps of mine!

Yes, I took a fall a while back.  This is probably what caused my vertigo for a few weeks.  i'm doing good now!

Exchanges!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment