Monday, January 9, 2017

11 weeks . . . ummmmmm 11 WEEKS!!! AND MIRACLES CONTINUE!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I don't what what the heck is going on but all the sudden I was thinking about life and realized I ONLY HAVE LIKE 11 WEEKS LEFT!  I'm still trying to process how I feel about this . . . 

This week you all get to hear about Catrell. She is Eddie's girlfriend. Eddie was on a mission in Mexico but had to come back early for health reasons and she is his girl.  She is SUPER solid.  She loves the church, she has been to church a million times already, and she is reading the Book of Mormon.  Our lessons with her were so spiritual and uplifting. At the end of the first lesson, we asked her what she is going to do because of our message and she said, "I'm going to start reading the book of Mormon and praying to know if it's true.  I also had the thought that I should buy a journal and record any spiritual impressions I get, and also I think I am going to go to all the YSA activities and Church with Eddie."  We just looked at her in amazement!  Needless to say, she came to church.  The only bad part is that she lives in NY right now because she is going to school.  But she said she is going to study the church there too with the missionaries. 

We saw Ceasar twice this week, and he is good.  He is Sister Montague's recent convert but he has been struggling with staying active.  We've tried so hard to get him to church.  We had super spiritual lessons and everything and then he didn't show up.  If anyone has any advice on this, I would appreciate it! 

Friday we did service for Sister Jetter.  She is a member and such a kind older lady but struggles coming to church as well.  I don't know how she fits everything she has into her little apartment but she does.  It was fun to talk to her.  We shared a message on the sacrament. 

So I have TWO SUPER SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCES, one is from this week that I want to share, and the other was in La Mirada that I forgot to share.  

1) THIS WEEK:  This weekend I got to go on an exchange with Sister Pack. She is such a fun missionary!  She likes to sing too and we sound really good together (not to toot my own horn or anything) so we contacted lots of people by singing.  Anyway, it was coming to the end of our exchange, and one thing she wanted to work on was finding. I wanted to find but wasn't really having success- so we decided to pray.  Together we prayed to know if we were in the right area, and then we asked God separately if there was anything that we needed to know about our new investigator.  After a few minutes of prayer I received the answer that is was going to be a girl, that I would be a vital part in her accepting our message, but that I was to let my companion do all of the teaching.  Sister Pack opened her eyes and she was just glowing. She said it was going to be a Latino mother.  So we got out of the car, and knocked on the first door we saw.  A young Latino mother answered the door, and we introduced ourselves, but guess what SHE ONLY SPOKE SPANISH!  So using broken Spanish I got her to open up to mormon.org in Spanish and watch the Christmas video in Spanish.  It was obvious that it touched her, and after the video I had no idea what to do, but my companion all the sudden started speaking almost fluent Spanish.  She invited her to learn more about the church and we set a time to come back with the Spanish elders.  We got back in the car and were both absolutely astounded.  Sister Pack doesn't speak Spanish.  Also, she told me that she knew it was going to be a Spanish mother because in her minds eye she distinctly saw this woman.  She knew exactly who we were looking for!  I'm still so humbled by this experience!  

2) LA MIRADA: We had about 30 mins left in our evening, and Sister Hicks (my comp) decided she wanted to teach a less active lesson (trust me, you don't tell a greenie they are wrong because in my experience, God can tell them incredible things).  Well we didn't know any less actives in the area, and we didn't know where to go.... so we prayed in the car, and I received the impression to follow my companion.  I opened my eyes and she said "go straight".  So I started driving straight and she was paying extreme attention to the road ahead.  She told me to take several left's, right's, and so forth till we were in front of a tall rickety creepy old house.  She said, "It's this one". I thought "to heck with this one, some crazy serial killer will come out of that thing and kill us if we knock it"... but again, I don't fight with new missionaries and their spiritual impressions. So we walk up to the house and a lady is in the garage.  She was a less active member, in fact she our Bishop's sister!  She had just moved in.  She was amazed that we found her, and she said she wanted to come back.  After we visited with her for awhile,  I got back in the car and asked Sister Hicks, "How did you know where to go???" She just said "Well, the street was glowing...so I followed the glow."


GOD IS REAL. HE IS THERE.  IF YOU DOUBT, FIGURE IT OUT.  HIS WORK IS ROLLING FORWARD, AND WHETHER OR NOT YOU GO WITH IT IS YOUR DECISION.  

I love you all so much!  Love, Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment