Monday, February 13, 2017

Just ACT and TRY

This week was SO MUCH FUN!  I LOVE being companions with Sister Allen.  She is incredible.  She is so sweet and we laugh all the time. She is super optimistic too.  I feel like I'm learning so much from her.  I love that about a mission!  You are always learning.

This week I was cool! I had 2 neat experiences:

1) We were planning and I had the distinct impression to go to area 11 in the area book, start at the back, and go to the first person with an M at the beginning of their name.  Well... it was Mike and Miley.  We taught them a TON when Sister Watson was here and honestly I didn't want to go back but we did.  It turned out that Mike had had a stroke a few days prior.  Since his stroke, he has started to change. He quit smoking, He wants to come to church and change his life.  It was really cool!  

2) We saw SO MANY people this week who talked about and struggle with drugs.  I had NO IDEA that drugs were so prevalent.  Sometimes it seems like it's the exception to the rule to find someone who has never abused prescription drugs or used illegal drugs.  I understand that it can numb the pain, but it is a very short fix and leads to addictions that are heartbreaking and destroy lives!  We are helping many people give up drugs and it's super easy because nobody actually wants to do drugs, believe it or not.  The drugs seem to control them and tell them what to do.  They want to be truly happy, and Satan tries to convince people that drugs do make you happy!  Many soon learn that this is NOT happiness!

I would really like to participate in one final baptism before I go home. I know there has to be at least one person in Westminster who is ready to accept the gospel and be baptized (I would love it if there were 50 people).  It's interesting though because the longer I have been out, the less I realize I know!  I only know that I need to rely on God and pray that He will allow me to again "sit back and watch the game".  I've learned that as I open my mouth and talk, text people, set up appointments, help them get to church and firesides and everything else... miracles can happen!  I love my Father in Heaven and through the Spirit I know I'm doing His will... and I guess if that is all I can do, I'll do it.

Love, Sister Webb




Sister Oikle and me

California is getting SO MUCH RAIN!  We are getting drenched and driving in rivers of water!  We need it though!

A sunny day in between all of the rain in Westminster


This is about as close as we can get to the beach/ocean . . . 
Sister Allen and me!  My very last companion on my mission and she's WONDERFUL!!

1 comment:

  1. Not long to go now - I wonder what you'll miss the most? It's been an absolute pleasure reading your updates. Thank you for taking the time to write each week so those far away can stay up to date with what's happening with the Saints in your sphere of influence. How blessed we are to have a sure, firm foundation in our lives. All the best for the last leg of your mission journey. Love, sis Jelsma

    ReplyDelete