Monday, February 20, 2017

My Dad

It's been a busy week full of many miracles!  Here are a few of them:

1- Anaheim phone call- The Anaheim Sisters called us and told us they have someone who wants to be baptized on March 4th who lives in our ward! I'm excited to see what he is like. It's interesting because I've been praying for the opportunity to baptize one more investigator before I leave.  We'll see!
2- Miley- Miley came to church again this Sunday with Mike and she requested her first priesthood blessing.  She is going through hard things right now. She witnessed a murder and was the only one on the scene, so she was in court all week testifying.  It was really hard for her.  On Sunday we brought her some chocolate from the Relief Society President which brightened her day, and she just told us how much she believes in and loves our church. She talked about how she wants to be baptized, and how she knows it's true.  It was an incredible experience.  She is learning about repentance and it's an awesome thing to witness! 
3- John- The Spanish Elders called us and said they met someone on the street who wanted to learn more.  We went with them the next day and it was a man who I had done service with at an Old Folks Home. We taught him the restoration and he was STOKED.  He loved all of it.  The next day we did service with him and he was preaching to all the service people about how amazing we were and how God was with us and our message- SO COOL!
4- Stephanie- Stephanie is 17 and feels the spirit really strong. We have met with her a few times and she loves the gospel message. She wants to be baptized in March (but she needs to come to church). Her mom is not supportive of this. Stephanie told us that she is amazed how the Book of Mormon talks about the proper way to be baptized. There is a ton of confusion in the world on how someone should be baptized, but the Book of Mormon clears that right up.  
5- Jenny- We had an awesome lesson with Jenny where we talked about her barriers. Her husband was Mormon, but is now disaffected and has been introducing her to a lot of anti-Mormon material.  We have been able to visit with her and answer many of her questions and she has great faith which makes all the difference.  She came to church on Sunday by herself and stayed through the entire block.  We really love her!

So recently I have been thinking about my Dad.  I don't know how well you know my Dad but he is probably the most incredible man EVER. He is the epitome of the parent I want to be.  I remember walking into my Dad's room late every night before he went to bed and seeing him with a pencil in his hand reading his scriptures. I never said anything about it to him.  I never talked about it with him.  I also know that every night and morning he rolls out of bed to say a kneeling prayer right next to his bed.  Not ONLY that but he NEVER EVER EVER has skipped one Sunday of church for sleep or a football game or anything. He supports my mom in her callings, and he magnifies EVERY calling he has ever had, even when he has several at a time.  Every morning at 6am I would hear his alarm go off and I knew he was up.  He never slept in unless he was sick, which also hardly ever happened.  My dad isn't lazy.  His version of lazy is watching a movie while folding all of our laundry.  He is always serving those around him, he is constantly thinking of new ideas or new things to improve our lives.  He shows my Mom he loves here EVERY day, every Valentines day, every birthday, every wedding anniversary... He lets us do his hair, and was a good sport when we purposefully bugged him in his ritual Sunday nap. He will probably read this and think I'm crazy, but I love my Dad.  I have yet to find or yet to know a guy my age who matches the standard my Dad has set.  I want to be like my Dad.  I know if my Dad was on a mission right now, he would be  the most incredible missionary here.  SO I LOVE YOU DAD! Thanks for your example. 

No comments:

Post a Comment