Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Sail Your Ship!

This week was crazy busy. 

I had my first Zone Meeting on Friday and I got to see my Grandparents! That was a ton of fun! We had a member of the seventy come and talk to us, and he talked about how important love is in missionary work and life in general. 

An elderly sister in our ward died this week and that was really sad.  We spent some time preparing for her funeral. It was hard, but it was good.  We visited her every week, and she passed away unexpectedly after a stroke.  I will miss her.  

We had two less active members at church this week which was a miracle.  I really enjoy talking to them and helping them remember things they knew.  It's fun to be their friends too! They are usually really nice.  Sometimes they tell you to go away and never come back, but in general they are usually nice. 

We had really good Thai food this week at a place called Sweetie Thai, but we also got to try Nigerian food!  Hillary, a recent convert, made it for us and it was so much fun.

Even though I'm only in California, we see many religions and nationalities every day.  It's crazy.  Hindu, Muslim, Buddhist, Evangelical, Catholic, JW, and a few creepy evil religions. We also meet many who are agnostic and atheist. It's insane.  Most of them are not "from California".  This is truly a melting pot of cultures and religions.  It reminds me of my Singapore experience!  

This week I was reading in an old Ensign and I read, "A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for". 

Ships were made for adventure and travel, but the adventures and travels are long and hard for the ship.  It could stay parked in the harbor, but then it wouldn't really be accomplishing anything.  There are two ways to get out of the harbor.  You can move the ship yourself, or nature can move it for you.  It's always important to be moving.  Maybe you can rest at a harbor occasionally to refuel, but put yourself out there.  Learn new things, try to improve.  There will always be another harbor but enjoy the adventure while it lasts.  

I love you all, Have a good week!  

Love, Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment