Monday, November 16, 2015

Members & Hugs

Most awkward mission moment so far:  M., our new investigator, started coming in for "The Hug" and I made a super weird squeaking noise and freaked out.  My companion was dying from laughter, and M felt super awkward.  No offense to the person who made that rule, but SERIOUSLY!! WAS THAT RULE REALLY NECESSARY!!

This week was fast (I'm praying that next week will be the same). We had a lesson with M, and we saw him on Saturday.  It was a ton of fun.  He is so nice to us.  We also had a two lessons with couple in their 50's, and THEY SET A BAPTISMAL DATE! It's in January on the 23.  We are really excited. 

We also saw a less active member who is hardly ever home. She is really nice.  Bishop was excited that we made contact with her.  

I want to talk about a few of the members here that I love!

Sister P: She is Filipino and is one of the ward missionaries. She comes to many lessons with us and is always serving us.  She gives us food, she makes sure we are well, and she pushes us to work hard and do our best.  She really cares about us, and is always there for us. 

Brother L: He reminds me of my dad.  He tends to get pushed to the background because he is quiet but he has a heart of gold.  He is the ward clerk and fulfills his calling 110%. His wife passed away and his daughters have moved out. He is alone but he does his best to be happy.  We talk a lot and we get along really well.  He is so kind to me, and we both need friends so we are each others friends. 

Sister P: She is pretty much my ward mom. She always wants to know if I'm okay and she is always making sure we are well fed and cared for. She loves us so much and shows it by serving us.  She comes out to lessons with us constantly and helps us with anything we need.  I love her so much.  She has been such a blessing.

I want to be like them.  I want to be the member that the missionary writes home about and says "I love them. They helped me." A missionary cannot be effective without a members help.  Members touch lives, and those members that go above and beyond change lives. It's so important to recognize where you are weak, and where God wants you to be better.  Many times we can become better by trying to be a better member of the church.  The kind of member that a missionary would write home about :)

I love you all!  Love Sister Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment