Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Gratitude and Continued Patience

Hello Everyone!

I know this is strange, but ever since college I get really excited for church on Sundays.  There is something about sacrament meeting and all the classes that feels like home.  Sundays are probably my favorite day of the week.  

There wasn't anything to abnormal about this week.  The zone leaders (who are in our district) had a baptism that we got to go and see, and I had to play the piano at the zone meeting.Sister Larsen (the member we live with) has a grand piano in her living room.  I play it all the time and love it!  The Relief Society President took us to go get Indian food on Friday and it was a ton of fun. She lived in Logan for a while, so we had a lot to talk about. 

This week I've been trying to be patient and grateful.  It has been going okay. 

I thought for the longest time that God wanted me to be patient with others and their decisions, so until Wednesday I was working on that.  I was trying to be patient with everyone else, but I was still feeling tense and disappointed at times throughout the day.  I was wondering, "What more can I do?"  I wanted to get rid of that feeling. 

So I prayed long and hard for an answer to what more I could do.  We packed up and went to visit Brother M. He is an old man who can't go to church anymore because he has a hard time getting there.  We sat on his couch, and he randomly started talking about patience.  The first thing he said was, "Sometimes we forget that patience involves being patient with ourselves."

I almost started crying right there.  

I find it hard to be patient with myself.  I still get pretty homesick at times, and I still have a hard time talking to everyone.  I have so many goals I am trying to accomplish, and even when I narrow them down to one at a time, it's hard to see the leaps of progress I want to have.  I need to be patient with where I am and who I am.  If I try, God will do the rest.  He really is there and He blesses me more than I understand.  He is my best friend, and He knows me better than anybody. 

My favorite part of being a missionary is bearing testimony of Him every day.  I love Him so much, and He has helped me out here so much. I feel so blessed to be able to tell others about Him. 

We have some great investigators right now.  One couple are in their 50's.  We spend a lot of time with them and they are growing to love the gospel.  They come to church every Sunday.  I feel so close to this woman.  She reminds me of my aunts that I love so much!  They are going to be in Lehi for Thanksgiving Mom, so maybe you could connect with them!  I know they would love to meet our family!

Have a good week everyone and please continue to write me! 

Love, Jess


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful letter AND Jessica is using her piano skills! Yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete