Monday, November 2, 2015

Funny Stories . . .

I don't have a lot of time this week, but this week was a ton of fun!

I'll share two funny stories: 

First: We were at the car wash and we were vacuuming the car... and I sucked up my skirt.  Anyone that was looking saw my garments... lots of my garments... and it was so much fun trying to get my skirt out of the vacuum.  Yep. My companion was rolling on the ground she was laughing so hard. I didn't think it was that funny till we got out of there.

Second:  Our appointment with a new investigator had fallen through and we were both frustrated and tired. We were street contacting and a lady opened the door and she had a parrot on her head.  A REAL LIFE PARROT ON TOP OF HER HEAD.  She looked and said "I'm not interested today" and then closed the door, and my companion shouted back, "WELL WHAT ABOUT TOMORROW". 
I don't know why it was so funny but we laughed for a while and kept working :)


This week was fun, I'm working hard and trying to do my best. I love you all, and we had spiritual experiences this week too...THANK YOU for your letters, your love, and your prayers!


Love, Sister Webb


**Side note from an email with Jessica and her Mom today***

Mom:  Please be careful with the 19 year-old investigator (whom you told us was using drugs) you are teaching!   I would really prefer you send the Elders over there!!

Jessica:  Okie Dokie, but he's the BOMB.COM and I have to hand him off to the YSA Elders anyway.

PHEW!!!!!! 



Sunday night was the "Departing Missionary Fireside".  The Elders and Sisters who are not leaving for home are invited if they bring an investigator or perform a musical number.  Jessica and her companion brought an investigator and met MOM AND DAD!!  It was a JOYFUL reunion for all of them and Jessica told me she will do what it takes to make it to these every 6 weeks so she can see Grandma and Grandpa!!


Jessica found out this weekend that she will stay in Cypress with Sister Similai through the next transfer (which is 6 more weeks).  She loves her companion!!


No comments:

Post a Comment