Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Have Faith No Matter What!

So this week was okay.  Nothing too special, just a normal week with more Christmas lights than the last!

I guess I can share a personal experience.  On Saturday we were teaching one of our new investigators.  We had gone through the whole lesson and she had tons of questions so we ended up answering her questions instead of teaching.  It worked well though because we got to testify quite a bit.  The Spirit wasn't super strong though.  The end of the lesson rolled around, and she asked me to say the closing prayer.  I started to pray, and the Spirit just overwhelmed me.  I can't tell you what I said but I knew what to say.  It wasn't a really long prayer, in fact it was pretty short but when I finished I felt really elated.  I looked at our investigator and she was crying.  She started to apologize and I cut her off and said, "That's the Holy Ghost"!  That phrase  resonated in the room for a few silent seconds.  Then we stood to say goodbye and wish her a good week.  

Another experience, we taught a less active boy yesterday.  We were talking about the Savior and we actually read Isaiah 53.  It was kind of spiritual but not really because he's kind of a tease and it's hard to get him to take some things (everything) seriously.  Then all the sudden random facts about Christ's crucifixion came into my head and I started spouting them off.  It turned into a retelling of the crucifixion and a testimony.  I think he finally felt something and if he didn't then I sure did.  He's a really neat kid, he just needs to remember what life is about. 

I've learned that sometimes you can have tons and tons of faith, and things still don't go the way you wish they did.  This week we had problems finding people. We set a lofty goal with the zone, and didn't accomplish them at all.  It was depressing, and I kept wondering what I did wrong. Sometimes though, you haven't done anything wrong.  Sometimes when things fall through you just have to say, "I promise I have faith..." and then you should probably just take a nap, eat some ice cream, and try again later.  

I love you all! Have a good week!

Love, Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment