Monday, December 21, 2015

Merry Christmas Everyone

Merry Christmas!!!!

I'm not going to lie, I wish I was back home with my family for Christmas. I love my family a little too much, but the Christmas spirit as a missionary is almost tangible. I've never ever felt anything like it.  If you can remember, think back with me to those Christmas Eve nights when you were so excited for Santa to come :)  You had your stocking laid out, the carrots in the front yard for the reindeer, the cookies in the house for Santa Claus, and everything was perfect and exciting!  Every feeling associated with the Christmas spirit was hanging in the air, along with the lights and Santa's reindeer :)  Since I was little, I have missed that feeling.  As a missionary, I feel like I've felt that again, but it's different this time.  There is a pure sweet spirit that I would hope accompanies so many missionaries around Christmas.  It comes because our Heavenly Father loves his missionaries way too much, and it comes because we talk about Christ and share his glorious Christmas message all day every day.  

This feeling of Christmas can come to everyone though . . . not just the missionaries.  This feeling does not come from the music or decorated tree alone.  It does not come from gifts, boxes, or your favorite Christmas candy.  It only comes from Christ.  I can't give you an exact prescription on how to obtain this spirit- but I can point you to it's source - our Savior!  Perhaps it gives all of us a chance to reflect on where we are lacking and impressions will come of how we can make up the difference with a little more effort :)  

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas.  I hope you enjoy the lighted trees, music, candy, and family, but I hope you find a way to put Christ above everything.  I promise that Christmas is better with Christ at the head.  I promise that He will refine your holidays.  

I love you all, thank you for the cards and emails!  

Love, Sister Webb

ON A SIDE NOTE . . .

Jessica has been staying in the home of an older single woman who is a member.  Last Thursday her grandson arrived for Christmas break.  Because of this, Jessica and her companion had to move out for two weeks.  The Bishop got up over the pulpit asked the ward members if anyone would be able to take in these two sisters missionaries.  A kind elderly woman from Finland came right up to Jessica after Sacrament meeting and offered her home.  She has a grand daughter living with her.  Here was Jessica's response to my inquiry about her move:

Our move went AMAZING!  We still have most of our stuff at Sis. L's but the new lady we live with has a nice house.  She has it all decorated for Christmas and she has a heater that WORKS!!!  Plus our beds aren't bunk beds so you don't wake up when someone moves and she has drawers in the bathroom.  We are pretty much living in paradise. 


Jessica spent most of Friday with Grandma & Grandpa at a zone conference! 


No comments:

Post a Comment