Tuesday, December 1, 2015

The Temple

THIS WEEK WAS INSANE! 

Today we woke up at 3 a.m. to drive to LA and go to the temple.  The Los Angeles Temple is gigantic and really really pretty. We left for the temple at 4 a.m.and we pulled in our driveway around 10:00 a.m. (I'm TIRED)   We only get to attend the temple once every 3 months.  I love the temple SO much.  There is no place like it anywhere.  It feels like home in the temple and the Spirit that you feel is really unprecedented.  There are only a few places where I've felt the Spirit so strongly.  I was actually nervous about having to wear the temple garments originally, but I've realized that I enjoy being able to take part of the temple with me everywhere I go.  

We had Thanksgiving with the J's and the W's.  The W's are Christian family that love the missionaries.  I had never met them before but I loved getting to know them. They are incredible.  We spent the rest of the night talking with members and playing board games.  Thanksgiving wasn't too bad away from family.  

We had a training this week on the, "A Savior is Born" initiative. I've been thinking a lot about Mary recently and the example that she set for other women to follow. She really was incredible and I wish the Bible talked more about her. 

We had a few really good lessons this week with both investigators and less active members.  We had fun looking at crazy Christmas lights, (the people here go ALL OUT compared to the people in Utah) and one member gave the 4 missionaries in our ward $100 to blow at Olive Garden.  That was the best.  We had a ton of fun.  

I think the hardest part about being a missionary is trying to find people to teach.  It's hard to walk around and get rejected consistently, but it's even harder to watch someone walk away from something that is so eternally significant.  I pray that a person's opportunity to hear the gospel is not limited to missionaries street contacting... mostly because I'm not very good at it :)  If any past missionaries or other members have tips for street contacting, I'm open to suggestions! 

Anyway, good luck with life this week.  Keep me in your prayers and I'll keep you in mine. 

Love, Sister Jessica Webb

                                                       
 Jessica at Zone Conference








No comments:

Post a Comment