Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Two Dear Friends Baptized

So this week Jessica had a very limited time on the computer to email.  It was Martin Luther King Day and since the public libraries were closed, the Elders all had to email from the church.  This meant "email shifts".  Jessica didn't write a formal letter, but I wanted to share a few wonderful things that we emailed back and forth about.  

Jessica ran into an Indian woman on the street this week.  She had just sent her daughter off to the military and when these two sister missionaries approached her and started visiting with her, she broke down in tears and told them how hard it was being apart from her daughter.  Jessica said this triggered tears for her and she told me how she was able to relate to her feelings.  I told Jessica how much we miss her and how sometimes I have a deep ache from missing her so much.  There have been a few times when I have knelt down in prayer for peace and comfort, knowing she is exactly where she needs to be, but longing to talk to her and see her face to face.  In these moments I have felt the very distinct impression that "She is in the palm of My hand.  Just trust me!"  So I asked her what that meant  She said, "It means He controls everything!  LIKE EVERYTHING.  He caters the weather, food, people and everything to you.  But his goodness does depend on your faithfulness and obedience"  Pretty amazinng.

The other big news is that tonight (Wednesday, Jan, 20th) at 8pm M&L were baptized!  I have been looking forward to this day since we spend time with them at Temple Square.  Here is my text to L this morning:

ME:Hi L!  Jessica told us you and M are getting baptized this evening!  We are so excited for both of you!  My parents, Dave & Judy Allen, are coming to support you in this decision as well!  How we LOVE you and Mike and know you will feel an increase of the Holy Spirit in your life with this decision. Thank you for being so kind and generous to Jessica!  She adores you both.
I was reading this scripture in the Book of Mormon last night and thought of you two...Moroni 6:3-4

3 And none were received unto baptism save they took upon them the name of Christ, having a determination to serve him to the end.

4 And after they had been received unto baptism, and were wrought upon and cleansed by the power of the Holy Ghost, they were numbered among the people of the church of Christ; and their names were taken, that they might be remembered and nourished by the good word of God, to keep them in the right way, to keep them continually watchful unto prayer, relying alone upon the merits of Christ, who was the author and the finisher of their faith.

L: This is beautiful.  We are very excited about tonight. I think back often the first night I met Jessica . . .the moment she got off the plane and they came directly to my house. That look on her face with her bottom eye lids full of flowing tears.  I honestly believe she and S were sent here for ME because I never gave to much attention to the Elders.  When Jessica, with her soft spoken voice comes over and teaches the gospel you can not only feel the Spirit but the love she shares with all. I heard last night that this weekend they are supposed to have transfers.  I said in shock, while standing up in front of them, "" OH NO!  You need to write the Bishop or the President or all of them and let them know I still need you!"  In reality her mission was accomplished.  They got my attention and that's what God wanted her to do.  My deceased daughter, N, also needed help to save her Mom! It's been a pleasure to get to know these Sisters.  I hope to always keep in in contact with you all!  I love you so very much!  I will send pictures from tonight."

Feeling SO GRATEFUL for this wonderful Gospel and the happiness it brings in to so many lives!




  

No comments:

Post a Comment