Monday, January 25, 2016

THIS WEEK HAS BEEN INCREDIBLE!!!

M and L were baptized.  I don't even know how to describe my emotions.  The baptism was wonderful (except for the fact that the water was super cold).  We had an incredible turnout from the ward.  The ward really loves Sister S and I.  It's like our family.  We go to them if we have problems and they come to us too. Anyway, Sister S spoke and I was able to sing. The baptism was really exciting.  There were times when I felt the spirit during the baptism- but the moment when I felt the spirit the strongest was when we were cleaning up and putting things away.  Everyone was bustling around and finally we finished.  I had been talking to a few men in the ward and thanking them for their help.  A few more came and joined until it was me and about 9 adult men.  Someone else started talking and I had an overwhelming feeling of gratitude as I was looking at these good, kind, men who love the Lord.  I can't begin to express my gratitude . . . these men are worthy priesthood holders and faithful leaders in our ward.  It made me realize what kind of member I need to be (even though I'm a girl) and what kind of a person I want to marry.  It also reminded me how grateful I am for Ward Families!  We experienced a similar feeling in Singapore and I have an amazing Ward Family in Eagle Mountain as well. M and L are my family now.  I love them like family and I am excited to see what the Savior has in store for them as they continue to be covenant keeping disciples of Christ.  

We also had two other miracles this week

1) We were walking during a "District Blitz" and ran into a young lady with a baby.  We ended up talking to her and finding out that her husband had a drug addiction.  We invited them to the ARP (addiction recovery program) meeting and we had the opportunity to join them in the meeting. That was also a really neat experience.  She had been praying that day for help- and she met us a few minutes after she had left her home.  She later starting crying during the ARP meeting, being overwhelmed with a feeling of love from God.  HE IS REAL!

2) We hadn't taught anyone on Friday and we have to teach every night (mission rule).  We had ten minutes left so we stopped on the street and prayed.  It was 8:44pm and we were on a sketchy street (sorry mom). Sister S turned down a super dark ally (she wouldn't normally do that) and this HUGE dog just started booking it in our direction.  I started thinking about how I was going to kick it, when suddenly it stopped right in front of us and it's owner came chasing after it. This led us to a new investigator with only 10 minutes left in our day- and we taught a 10 minute lesson. Not to mention we didn't get eaten by the dog!  We got back home at 9:02 (two minutes late but close enough).  

GOD LOVES US SO MUCH!  It has been a good week. 

Transfers are tomorrow and I will be getting a new companion.  She is from Connecticut and has been out a little over a year.  I am staying in Cypress and I am so happy about that.  I have loved my time with Sis. S from Tonga.  I will love her forever and I'm grateful for all she has taught me!

No comments:

Post a Comment