Monday, February 1, 2016

A New Companion and Grandma's Apron


Well, after my 4th transfer I am still in Cypress.  I really love it here!  AND . . .I have a new companion!  I love her so much. She has such a bright personality and she is a great missionary! Her name is Sister Lambson.  She has been out quite a bit longer than I have.  We are TOTALLY redoing the area and the ward.  We have been working SO HARD this week.  I get back in the evening and am absolutely exhausted.  It's so much fun :)  We have had more than several miracles this week.  We are a power-companionship because both of us want to work, both of us are super obedient, and we have TONS of fun together.

Our numbers this week were OFF THE CHARTS!  It totally shows the potential of our area.  We started working with the ward a little more and we are completely revamping the area book.  I'M SO EXCITED!

My trainer (first companion) is now in the singles ward.  She taught me so many things.  She taught me to love everybody, no matter how difficult that can be.  She taught me to laugh and have fun in every situation no matter how hard things are.  She helped me learn how to be patient, and she taught me how to be obedient for my own sake and by my own will.  I loved her so much and I miss her. 

God gives us blessings in the form of many things.  Sometimes the blessings are visible blessings and sometimes blessings come in the form of trials.  I've decided the best thing to do is to put on my big kid pants and take it for what it is.  It will pass and we can come out stronger or we can come out bitter.

Love you all! 

Love, Jess


***On a separate note and for Jessica's missionary blog-book, I am going to include a sweet story my Mom shared with Jessica this week***

"The Apron"

Today I had a very humbling experience.  Grandpa and I have become good friends with a couple we think highly of.  The wife has Parkinson’s disease and really shakes.  She gave me a gift today.  She had sewn me an apron.  I couldn’t believe it!  It must have taken her a long time because her motor skills are so poor.  I was overwhelmed by this act of kindness.  I love her and I must say this will be a gift I will always cherish.

We are really enjoying our mission.  I can’t believe the changes I have felt in my life. It is such a wonderful opportunity to be giving so much service and not having to worry about anything but the people we love here in Whittier.  We love our Ward.  There are not a whole lot of active people and the motto of the ward is; “We are small but we are mighty!” 

My mom LOVES aprons.  She has many.  She told me that several months ago she saw this sweet lady with an apron on that covered her from front to back.  Mom thought that was so cool and asked her where she could get one.  Before this woman got Parkinson's she was an amazing seamstress.  She told mom she had made it and that was the end of that conversation.  Months later, she presented Mom with this beautiful apron.  The truth is, you just can't help but LOVE my Mom!  She's wonderful!


No comments:

Post a Comment