Monday, February 22, 2016

Last Week's Email That Didn't Go Through . . . Dated February 15th

Hello Everyone!  Email is back up and running.  I thought this got sent last week, but it didn't.  Here is a recap:
We got to do service this week on Friday for HOURS and HOURS!  We cleaned up the yard of an old abandon house and we still aren't done.  The whole zone was working on it. All the elders and the sisters... and we didn't even touch the backyard.  It was a ton of fun.  It was hot, but we worked hard and it felt really good.  
Oh that's the other thing... It's HOT!  It's not even jacket weather.  It's just warm. There is also this crazy fog that we sometimes see in the morning.  It has only happened four or five times since I've been out so far... but it happened this week.  I would take a picture of it to show you, but you can't take pictures of fog:)

We have spent most of our time finding.  When we don't have appointments (we only have 1 or 2 a day) we are out finding.   Finding means walking (by the way).  It is busy but it's a different kind of busy.  It is a busy that takes some getting use to.  At the beginning of my mission, it felt like a giant waste of time. I felt like I was just walking and talking to people who didn't want to talk to me.  But the miracles we see when we are walking are crazy.  It's not every day that we see miracles.  Sometimes we walk for like two or three hours and we don't end up with anything worthwhile. That's always hard. Sometimes we have success though, and that's exciting!

FOR EXAMPLE:  This Saturday we were walking an entire tract.  Tracts here are like blocks on steroids.  Think of Nolan Park in Eagle Mountain.  A tract is about 5 Nolan Park's wide and 8 long! We had two and a half hours so we decided during daily planning that we were going to walk from one potential investigator to another on the other side of the block and contact everyone we could on the way there.  We tried both potential investigators and we were leaving the complex.  A lady was yelling at someone in her house (not friendly) and  we knew we should contact her.  We were tired and we had been completely rejected for the past two hours. My companion looked at me and walked away from me and the lady . . . but I set a goal to talk to everyone towards the beginning of my mission.  So I walked up to her, introduced myself and she said, "Hi Sisters!  I just moved here with my husband. I'm inactive but I was baptized as a teenager but I LOVE the missionaries.  Do you want to come in and teach my husband and I?"  So we got water bottles, a new less active member, and a new investigator (her husband).  TALK TO EVERYBODY. Hardest most rewarding missionary rule ever!  You don't even know how many times I have been so close to not talking to someone, and when I do, they end up needing us.  

Sure love you all!  Keep praying for me!  I feel it and it makes a BIG difference!!

Love, Sister Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment