Monday, February 22, 2016

Families Are Everything!

This week was really really busy (as they all are).

The thing about missionary work is that it's busy all the time!  I do different things every day, but it all mushes together and I don't know what actually happened. 

We went to the LA Temple visitors center on Saturday with M &L and a wonderful older couple (Bro. & Sister P) from our ward. That was a really cool experience!  We felt the spirit as we talked about eternal families and temple ordinances. I love the people I have met in this area and ward!  I love them so much and I would do anything for them.  It is going to be so hard when I have to leave. We are going to celebrate Sister P's birthday on Tuesday and we have a BUSY week ahead of us.  We have been finding like CRAZY and are planning on converting everyone in our area (just to let you know).

We also had zone conference on Friday. That took all day, but it was also a neat experience.  We mostly talked about missionary work (surprise) but they also stressed the importance of family history work. I have actually started to work on family history a little bit and I am really enjoying it. I have an incredible family and amazing ancestors.  I feel like they have really helped me on my mission, especially at my lower moments.

There is nothing like family.  Family is the most important organization in the eternities. Being on a mission and being at this point in my life is going to impact my future family quite a bit.  It will determine later decisions I have to make, and it has helped me recognize what I want in an eternal family!  I know God puts us in our families for a reason. Some families have a really hard time. I work with struggling families every. single. day. I can promise that God puts us exactly where we need to be.  So when family life gets hard, I think it's important to have faith that Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us and he will help us rise above our challenges.  He has a plan for everyone!  It's hard because His plan is not always our plan . . . but that's okay.  By trusting in Him, it makes everything that is hard okay in the end!  I know this is true!

I love you all, have a good week!

Love, Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment