Monday, January 4, 2016

Happy New Year!

So this week was a little insane :)  I thought I would start from the beginning.

MONDAY: We went to a return appointment for our investigator.  I didn't want to go because it was dark outside, and I think the house that the investigator lives in is CREEPY! We decided to drive by and see if the light's were on in the house- and the investigator was standing outside!  So we taught him the restoration, and we are excited to see him again tonight for another appointment.  

TUESDAY: Sister C (another missionary) was with us for the day, and we spent quite a bit of time walking. It's hard to get appointments in the morning on weekdays because most people work.  But that evening Sister Tew (the mission president's wife) came out with us.  We saw some miracles (like we showed up at a less active families house at the exact same time as the young women's president) but the highlight was the milkshake Sister Pugeda got us :)

WEDNESDAY: was normal 

THURSDAY: we got our tires replaced

FRIDAY: We had a blitz! That's where the ENTIRE zone goes to one area and works for an our, then goes to another area.  It was fun working in different areas but me and my companion had hardly any success.  Some of the other companionships saw miracles though!

SATURDAY:  THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART (so read this part if you don't want to read the whole thing). We were getting ready to go to dinner, we were actually walking to our car to go home for dinner, and there was a lady sweeping her porch.  We hollered up to her (we were kind of in a crazy mood) and she told us we could share a message with her.  Her name is Butterfly.  She has had an INSANE life.  Like think of the craziest thing that could happen to someone- odds are it happened to her.  I don't want to go into detail, because I love her and I don't want to divulge her personal life, but everything our church offers fits her needs.  Even the members in the same complex held callings that would bless her immensely.   The members in the complex have a child her daughters age! I felt like we needed to share a scripture- and John 3:16 was stuck in my head.  That's the most cliche scripture ever, but I followed the impression and she broke down and grabbed me.  She just started sobbing on my shoulder and I held a woman I had only known for five minutes and felt an incredible amount of love her.  I can't tell you everything I told her because I didn't feel that the words were mine, but I know I was a tool in Heavenly Father's process to let her know that He really really loved her and needed her in His fold.  This incredibly tough woman (probably one of the toughest women I have ever met) needed us that day at that time.  

I don't understand why God trusts me, especially in teaching someone who is so precious to Him, but I trust God.  He can put me wherever He needs me because EVEN THOUGH IT'S REALLY REALLY HARD He is all I need.  He is all I have ever needed and I didn't know that until now. 

Love you all- sorry for the crazy long letter.  

Love, Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment