Monday, June 6, 2016

A Good Crazy Week!

Well this week was a party. I'll just share the highlights.
1) We taught G again. He is the guy who is related to Johnny Depp. He knows so much about the church and he is really smart. He wants to be part of this church but he is afraid of organized religion.  He had some really really crazy experiences with religion in the past so I don't blame him... however I'm sure he will come around. I had a really good study session the day we taught him, and EVERYTHING I studied applied to our conversation.  It was so cool (miracle).
2) We started teaching a guy named J.  His girlfriend is in our ward, and they just had a baby.  We love this family a lot, so we basically straight up asked him if he wants to have an eternal family and if we could teach him how he can do that. He said yes and he came to church on Sunday. We also taught his girlfriend and we did the thing where we flip to a random scripture... the scripture she chose (out of context) basically said that her boyfriend would soon be converted! 
3) We had really powerful lessons with J and H again- but neither of them came to church. WE WERE SO DISAPPOINTED!  But we went to their home for dinner on Sunday and so we got to tell them off a bit:) (and we did it over chocolate ice-cream). 
4) Brother M came to church again. He is so cool! He really wants to be active but it has been YEARS and YEARS since he came to church last.  He is incredible though. He reads the BOM daily and he loves God so much.  I wish I could be more like him.
5) We got to hear from a few general authorities on Saturday and that was amazing. President and Sister Tew said some goodbye remarks (they are going home in a few weeks) and two Elders spoke to us as a mission. They talked about so many things but the thing that stood out the most to me was to just get out and go and be the best missionary you can possibly be.
6) I'm getting a new companion!  She's a greenie and I get to be her trainer!!
7) We prayed again to find, and we prayed specifically to find an woman who would be receptive and kind to the message of the gospel.  GUESS WHAT!  We found her :)  God is so good. And she was so interested. She said a beautiful prayer for us and told us we were an answer to her prayers.  

I wish I could just go on and on with all the miracles we saw. But I CAN'T . . . however, we see miracles every second of every day.  I've really enjoyed being a missionary this week!
Love, Jess
Frozen Yogurt with Grandma & Grandpa after zone meeting.  I tried to treat, but Grandpa would hear nothing of it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment