Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Be patient and kind with yourself

Well this week was a week... it felt like a week... and looked like a week... but I think next week will be better.  

We got off to a good start on Monday and then Tuesday rolled around and Sister Prusse was really sick. We ended up in the ER again with another kidney stone and we didn't get home till 1:30 in the morning. That  was hard since I haven't gotten to bed later than 11pm for that last 9 months! She was so tired, so the next day I let her sleep during weekly planning and I did weekly planning alone. 

Then we found this crazy new investigator. Jake brought him to a lesson and he was so solid.  He wants to be baptized on July 17.  He believed everything we told him.  The only problem is that I think he is YSA age, so that means we have to pass him off to the YSA sisters (danget!).  We got to teach Bob and Judy again and she read the the entire book of second Nephi. It was crazy. She is so incredible. They want to be baptized also. Then we taught Heather and she is doing okay. She wants to be baptized before August, but I feel like every time we set a day she finds a way to push it off. I don't know what to do. I do love her so much though and I really would just like her to progress.  We got to teach a guy named Joe and he works for a moving company. Turns out he is moving a mission president! He wasn't a super solid investigator until he told us about how he helped move this guy (mission president) and how he is now really interested in our church!  We also had incredible lesson with less active members and we were able to find some new investigators. GOOD TIMES! 

Now you are probably wondering why this week was a little off.  I worked hard, I was diligent, I was obedient, but I guess I was a little tired and a little homesick this week. It's interesting how you can be homesick after 9 months. You would think I would be use to it by now.  I was also having trouble questioning if I was doing enough and feeling inadequate in my calling as a missionary.  Anyway, I prayed that church would help and the Sacrament definitely brought the Spirit back, but I still felt like I was missing something. The Relief Society lesson was all about trying. I am trying SO HARD. I just want to be a good missionary, and I mess up all the time.  I was letting those mess-ups get to me.  I know that God is okay with my work . . .because I am trying. That is all He can ask of us because there is no way we can be perfect.  Then several people in the ward told me that I was doing a good job and they gave me some good old-fashioned 'bear hugs'.  Those always help me feel better.  I sure love the La Mirada ward.  I hope I'm helping them grow.  

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!  Please email me I love hearing from you :)

Love, Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment