Monday, June 13, 2016

My Greenie!!

So I mentioned last week that they called me to be a trainer...everything about my week has been centered on that so I'll talk about it.

I went to the office on Tuesday and I was so scared.  I was antsy the whole day- I had been nervous since I got the call.  I sat down and just looked at all the Greenies and I was freaked out. Some of them looked like they would be hard companions, some of them couldn't speak English very well... I WAS MORTIFIED!  I didn't think I could train let alone have another hard companion. So I just prayed and fasted and prayed and fasted (possibly for days but don't tell my mom) and then they said, "Sister Webb, your new companion is Sister Prusse".  

Since then- my mission has completely turned head over heals and I suddenly feel like I a sprinting to the finish line.  Every bit of my work, everything that I do, everything that I'm thinking about is how I can help her and how I can be the best example to her.  I really want her to be a better missionary than me and I want to teach her everything that I know (which isn't a whole lot- let's be honest) so she can change this mission.  For the first few days SHE WAS EVERYTHING!  All I wanted was for her to be okay and for her to be a good, happy missionary.  Then I started thinking about the ward more and I started spending all my free time going through the ward list- writing down scriptures- reading things- thinking of new ways to teach... I gave not only all my physical energy to the work but I gave everything in me too. As a result- I truly loved missionary work this week. 

I feel a bit like a slacker missionary for taking this long to figure it out.  It took me NINE MONTHS!  I know that I will mess up again (I messed up so many times this week alone), but I know that I will keep trying. I only have nine months left.  That's it. Nine months to give everything I have to the work of the Lord.  I don't have school right now, I don't have to worry about home, I don't have to worry about boys, the ONLY THING I have to think about is how I can be the best missionary La Mirada has had.

Now sadly- I don't think I can live up to the impossibly high standards I've set for myself... but I can sure as heck give it a shot. Last week we found a girl in tears, extended two baptismal invitations, taught almost all our investigators, had less actives open up to us left and right . . . and this week, even if those miracles don't happen we are going to work till we drop... at exactly 10:30pm... every night hahaha. Obedience brings miracles :)  

I love you all so much and I hope you have a fantastic week!  

Love, Jes
Grandma spoke at Stake Conference sharing the wonderful experiences of being a senior missionary.  She did a wonderful job and inspired many!

I love Wednesday's because I get to see my "zone":)

No comments:

Post a Comment