Tuesday, August 16, 2016

The Sniffer

So I'll tell you a story or two from this week and some of my favorite highlights: 

1) THE SNIFFER-  We prayed with members and we told them we were going to find in their area and return and report on how it went. Well their area is SUPER RICH and quite religious. So... we knocked a few doors and I wasn't getting anything. Then we decided to pray.   You're going to think I'm crazy, but previous to this God has led me to a house through the wind or through sounds or something to do with my senses.  BUT THIS TIME I got the distinct impression that I needed to use my nose.  I personally thought it was hilarious and ridiculous, but I did it anyway and guess what, there was ONE HOUSE that smelled like Asian food!  A Filipino family answered and they were very interested in our message!  

2) MORMON.ORG- President told us to use our time wisely and mormon.org time is an hour a week that we get to spend on the computers researching things for our investigators and looking up videos and such for people who need it.  In other words, most missionaries tend to waste time on it. So this week we decided to skip mormon.org in an effort to use our time more effectively, and we went tracting in the awful heat. A nice Indonesian lady and her husband invited us in and we got to teach the entire restoration! We are going to go back this week. I'm so excited!

3) DESTINY AND CARLOS!  They are the foster kids we have been teaching, and we finally met with their social worker.  It looks like they will probably get to BE BAPTIZED SOON!  I really hope I get to stay in this area to see it. It should be amazing! 

4) Brother M will be going to the temple soon. I really really love him.  He has been feeding us dinner lately and his BBQ is the best in the whole world (sorry Dad). He has changed so much!  The ward just gave him a calling too. 

5) Brother O bought me gluten free oreo's (YUMMMM) and we got to have dinner with the Ferkins. They are some of my favorite people in the ward. They are really nice to us. 

This week I relied heavily on prayer.  I really love praying out loud. I feel like it helps me concentrate more and I feel the Spirit more when I pray out loud.  There was a time this week that I was easily annoyed with things I shouldn't have been.  I recognized this and didn't want to feel this way.  So I just started praying that God would help it go away.  I basically asked if he could take away my feelings of being angry and annoyed AND GUESS WHAT, HE CAN DO THAT TOO!  He can do anything. So if you are annoyed, mad, sad, or anything and you don't want to be, try sincerely ask God for help!  

I love you all so much

Love, Jess


They have the coolest trees here


This spider lives outside our complex and her name Nancy



No comments:

Post a Comment