Monday, August 1, 2016

44 of 72 Weeks!

SO MY NEW COMPANION IS GOLDEN (I love you Julie Rose).  She is an incredible missionary and she really wants to be a missionary. She works hard and does everything she is supposed to do. She is so incredible. She was on the BYU color guard team and she is so nice to me.  I really love her already. 

This week we were walking away from seeing a less active and we bumped into this super nice boy named Daniel.  We started talking to him about how the priesthood had been restored and he was really interested.  He asked so many questions and we had answers to all of them!  It was so cool! He invited us back, and we taught a powerful restoration lesson.  We always invite them to be baptized in the first lesson. He said yes, so we will get the YSA sisters over to his home. 

We had an incredible lesson with a  less active member. We have started bringing members to our lessons with less active members because we feel like it helps them have friends to be with when they come to church. So we had a lesson with Sister D and we brought Sister K.  I had been inspired earlier to share a video about drug use with Sister D and it was a perfect video on repentance. We taught repentance to her and she loved it. She said she wants to come back to church! 

Then we took our young investigators, Destiny and Carlos, to the LA visitor center with Sister Ingram. I am really scared for this week though because we have to meet with their social worker. They are foster kids who want to be baptized. They will probably be baptized next month or the month after if everything goes well... we'll see though. 

When I was young, like every other kid I would cause contention with my siblings- and I remember one time my mom was fed up with me. She told me to go to the laundry room (aka - time out central) and to stay there until she came to get me.  I was sitting there being super moody and grumpy, and she walked in ready to talk.  I remember being mad and yelling at her for a few seconds. She tried to talk some sense into me but I just wasn't accepting anything. She let me finish my rant, and took in a deep breath. She looked really tired, sad, and worn out. I remember her saying to me, "Jessica, I'm worried that your biggest struggle in life will be your pride."

I won't ever forget that.  My mom left and I left too. At that age I didn't want to think I was prideful, but she was so right. The only think that keeps me from progressing in life, the only thing that keeps me from reaching my maximum potential here is my own pride. Pride is my greatest struggle, but I am determined to be better. I am who I am because of God. I know He can do anything and I know He can strengthen my greatest weakness. I am so grateful for a mother who has helped me recognize my flaws and who helps me become better. 

I love you all! Thanks for the conference talks!    

Love, Sister Webb

At the LA Visitors center 


My new companion, Sister Hicks, from Eagle, Idaho

No comments:

Post a Comment