Wednesday, August 24, 2016

A Fast Week!

This week flew by... So I'll just tell you some of the highlights

1) We contacted a guy who had a baby possum sitting on his shoulder. That was pretty cool. 

2) We set plans to go by a potential investigator, and California streets are a mess. They were created by the devil. So we get on the street I think I'm suppose to be on, and it turns out there is another street with the same name.  I was frustrated so we went to the other street, and couldn't find the address again... so I search the map and found ANOTHER STREET with the same name.  We pull up, get out of the car, go knock the door, and a car pulls up.  A 21 year old boy gets out with his family and tells his family to go inside. He then asked us what we are doing here. We proceeded to tell him we were messengers of God and that we were sent here today to tell him the gospel of Jesus Christ is back on the earth. He said, "I just got released from rehab 2 hours ago. I've been praying that Jesus can show me His way so I can stay off drugs forever." We taught the entire restoration and will be going back in a few days. 

3) We were going to see a less active but she wasn't home.  We got back in the car to go see a former investigator. I felt like we should get out of the car and walk to the former investigator. So we got out and start walking.  This big old guy with a ton of tattoos and a massive beard was outside and we have to talk to everyone- so I start talking and he looks a little off.  I ask him some questions and he starts telling us about how his brother died a few months ago and how his dad died 2 days ago.  We shared the importance of eternal families and we are going to see him in a few days! 

4) Yesterday we got in the car and my comp had the impression to call a less active we hadn't seen in weeks.  He messaged us and said we could come by.  We had a super spiritual conversation and watched Elder Uchdorfs talk from Spring 2016. It was SO spiritual. 

5) We picked up a former investigator, and her son is mentally handicap.  He started talking about cow udders and I almost died. I was crying because I was laughing so hard. He was so funny. 

I'm reminded again and again that God is in the details of missionary work!  It's incredible

Love you all,

Jess

1 comment:

  1. Only a mission can give you these experiences I suspect! How wonderful this opportunity is! Love you!

    ReplyDelete